Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ya know what I need?

Well... to make a long story short, this morning I got in a little bit of an argument with my mother. Just to be honest, I was in the wrong, and I lost my temper over something that was said, and said something pretty disrespectful. =( I regretted saying it as soon as I did, and we eventually got the problem resolved, and apologies were issued.

A few minutes later, as I was reflecting on what I had said, I realized that I'd said it entirely on impulse, without thinking, and it was my anger, not my true heart showing.

James 3 has a lot to say on the tongue, and most of it isn't good. The tongue is a something so small that can cause so much trouble.

So, I decided that if I needed one single thing, it would be a bridle for my tongue, if I feel really tired, or exasperated, or angry, or upset, I can clamp it on my tongue, and keep me from saying something ungodly.

But, unfortunately, there is no such thing on the consumer market. I guess I can only pray that God will help me think before I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment