Monday, January 11, 2010

Family News and Prayer

I haven't gotten around to posting about this yet, so here goes....

Back in December, my Dad caught pneumonia. As is procedure, they took him in to get a chest x-ray. What they found was very startling; there was a five-inch growth in the cavity between his lungs. We rushed to the hospital for a CT scan, which was sent to the radiologist. We were very scared; our first thought was that Dad had lung cancer (even though he has never smoked), which is %98 fatal.

To make a long story short, he after a biopsy and PET scan, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 lymphoma.
He began Chemotherapy Thursday, and will have it every two weeks for six months, then possibly Radiation.

Please pray for my Father, that he would be healed of this, and for our family, as we adjust to Dad's sickness. The doctors have said that the Chemo will likely make him too weak to work more than a half-day, even from home, so myself and my older brothers will be undertaking some of the business work.

I know that God will not give us more than we can bear, and that all the trials are in order to test our strength, and I pray that He will let us learn all we can during this ordeal, and draw us closer as a family.

~The Two Young Men

No comments:

Post a Comment