Thursday, December 3, 2009

A beast.... Vanquished


I have reason to celebrate!

I have Vanquished the Monster of NaNoWriMo (that's a fancy phrase for: "I OOOWWWNNNEED").

National Novel Writing Month, shortened to NaNoWriMo, is a challenge to write fifty thousand words of fiction in the month of November.

I clocked in at 8:52 AM, on November 30th, with 50,002 words. Immediately, I felt relieved, and glad to be done, but by that afternoon, I was wishing that it was still going on. I had time to do stuff without feeling guilty about my wordcount. wow. But I felt REALLY bored.

I'm glad to have taken this challenge head on, and won, and I plan to finish the current draft of my novel, Found, by late January.

I'd like to give a shout-out to my friends who also won, and a bigger one to my friends who tried, and did not finish. It is better to have tried, and failed than to have not tried at all.

I'd especially like to praise my older brother, who also writes on this blog. He just began writing fiction in September, and participated in NaNo. His AP classes and extra homework made it extremely difficult to write, but he still posted upwards of 15k, and never gave up. you've been a great help to me; having another writer of fiction in the house to talk to. Next year is yours to conquer!

And I would like to thank above all, my family, who understood that I wasn't going to be doing much other than writing, my parents, who went out of their way to encourage me and give me extra time to write, and my God, without whom this wouldn't have ever been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment